Boosts business competitiveness and productivity with up to £30k of funding for a collaborative project with an academic partner.
The BIG Hot-House Research Innovation Fund helped South London-based businesses and third-sector organisations undertake research and development activities to grow through partnerships with academic institutions. It offered businesses the opportunity to access the world-class knowledge and expertise of one of BIG South London’s partner universities, further education colleges or research-intensive organisations, to bring in new skills and the latest academic thinking to deliver a specific, strategic innovation project.
Up to £30k of funding was available for each successful project and the academic partner helped develop the project, provide expertise, and recruit a suitable student/graduate as an in-house Hot-House Associate, who has worked to take the project forward.
Any proposed Hot-House project included the need for strategic innovative input such as:
- developing new products or services
- stimulating and enhancing your R&D
- finding innovative solutions to manufacturing, production, or processing challenges
- adopting and embedding new technologies
- addressing sustainability issues
- developing new service models and operational capacity