The BIG in South London programme brings together the expertise, resources and facilities of six universities in the region (Kingston University, Roehampton University, Wimbledon College of Arts, St Marys University, London South Bank University and Sussex Innovation Centre), for the ease of business.
Universities are a hotbed of talent and ideas and there are many benefits to business of working with them. If you’re looking to innovate – perhaps developing a new product or service – then there is no better place to get fresh ideas and a new perspective.
There are different ways in which you can engage with a university, the most common forms include:
- research and consultancy: accessing academic expertise or knowledge not held within your company to deliver a project or develop a new product or service.
- student & graduate placements: bringing in the skills of student or graduate to deliver a set project for a set time period
- short courses: these can take the form of start-up entrepreneurship training, sector-based innovation workshops or professional development
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships: helps bring in new skills and the latest academic thinking to deliver a specific, strategic innovation project
- access to world-leading facilities: from augmented and virtual reality environments to biomechanics laboratories – there are many unique, high tech facilities at universities, that can be hired by business, that are not commercially available elsewhere.
Some of the services available from are fully-funded or can lead to further funding for your business.
By clicking on the university logos below, you can find out exactly what each university has to offer your business, start-up or third sector organisation.
Spurgeon’s College is a higher education institution in Croydon which is championing and promoting studies in theology and the humanities.Find out more
Sussex Innovation (owned by the University of Sussex) runs a number of hubs across the South East including one based in Croydon.Find out more
St Mary’s has an established culture of research with dedicated hubs of excellence across theology, bioethics and emerging technologies, law and culture and sport.Find out more
At Roehampton our research expertise spans the health sciences, arts and humanities, business, education and social sciences.Find out more
South Bank Innovation, part of the London South Bank University, delivers impactful support to London’s Business Community.Find out more